Coronavirus update for Wednesday, May 13 as of 2:30 p.m.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
CMS has posted an FAQ on price transparency and requirements for providers to make public their cash prices for COVID-19 diagnostic testing.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The CDC has updated its FAQs for health care personnel working among and around patients who have or are suspected of having COVID-19.
- The CDC has updated its resources for hospitals and health care professionals preparing for patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- The CDC has published information providing a framework for health systems providing non-COVID-19-related services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The CDC has updated its FAQ for laboratories that perform or wish to perform COVID-19 tests.
- The CDC has updated its information for pediatric providers.
- The CDC has posted information about COVID-19 and patients on home dialysis.
- The CDC has published guidance on serving patients in memory care units of long-term-care facilities and dealing with COVID-19 in this context.
Food and Drug Administration
- The FDA has updated its information for blood establishments regarding the COVID-19 emergency.
- The FDA has issued emergency use authorization (EUA) for a commercial nurse call system for use by providers for remotely monitoring and communicating with patients on ventilators.
- The FDA has issued an EUA for a commercial cardiogram system to be used as a diagnostic aid for identifying potential cardiac complications associated with COVID-19 or underlying conditions that may affect the clinical management of patients who have or are suspected of having COVID-19.
- The FDA has issued an EUA for a specific commercial diagnostic test for COVID-19.
Government Accountability Office
The GAO has published a brief review of the science underlying social distancing.
Federal Funding Opportunities for Hospitals
The National Alliance of Safety-Net Hospitals has prepared a document that collects and presents in one place the various new federal funding opportunities for hospitals resulting from legislation addressing the COVID-19 public health emergency. Find that document here.