The following is the latest COVID-19 information from the federal government as 2:45 p.m. on Monday, October 5.
Provider Relief Fund
- HHS has updated its Provider Relief Fund information about the Phase 3 general distribution that was announced last week. Go here for information on how to apply for Phase 3 funding and here for the terms and conditions for Phase 3 payments. Today is the first day for providers to apply for Phase 3 funding; the application deadline is November 6.
- HHS has updated its Provider Relief Fund FAQ with seven changes marked “Modified 10/1/2020.” The changes, found on pages p. 23, p. 30 (two changes), and p. 31 (four changes), address the eligibility of different types of providers for Phase 3 general distributions.
Department of Health and Human Services
- HHS Secretary Azar has renewed the COVID-19 public health emergency declaration, which was set to expire on October 23. With this renewal, the CMS waivers made possible by the declaration will remain in effect until January 21 unless the emergency is renewed again. View the renewal notice here. In late September HHS’s Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response held a webinar on optimizing personal protective equipment during the COVID-10 pandemic. The office prepared this document to support the webinar. Go here to see the presentation used during the webinar and for links to a transcript and a recording of the webinar.
- HHS’s Office of the Inspector General has updated its work plan for audits, evaluations, and inspections that are under way or planned in October. Among the subjects of audits will be HHS’s program for paying for care for uninsured COVID-19 patients and COVID-19 testing data for federal programs.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The CDC has updated its analysis of the changing age distribution of COVID-19 patients from May through August.
- The CDC has updated its guidance about how COVID-19 spreads.