Last week the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission met in Washington, D.C. to discuss a number of Medicare payment issues.
The issues on MedPAC’s September agenda were:
- the coronavirus pandemic and Medicare
- context for Medicare payment policy
- report on the skilled nursing facility value-based purchasing program
- report on the Protecting Access to Medicare Act of 2014’s changes to the Medicare clinical laboratory fee schedule
- congressional request on private equity and Medicare
- expansion of telehealth in Medicare
- Medicare coverage for vaccines
MedPAC is an independent congressional agency that advises Congress on issues involving the Medicare program. While its recommendations are not binding on either Congress or the administration, MedPAC is highly influential in governing circles and its recommendations often find their way into legislation, regulations, and new public policy.
Go here for links to the policy briefs and presentations that supported MedPAC’s discussion of these issues.