The agency that advises Congress on Medicare payment issues met in Washington, D.C. last week.
At that meeting, members of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission discussed a number of Medicare payment issues, including:
- refining an alternative to the merit-based incentive payment system (MIPS)
- improving incentives in the emergency debarment payment system
- rebalancing the physician fee schedule towards primary care
- increasing the equity of payments within each post-acute-care setting
- principles for evaluating the expansion of Medicare’s coverage of telehealth services
Find the issue briefs and presentations used during the meeting to guide these discussions here, on MedPAC’s web site.