Last week the independent agency that advises Congress on Medicare payment issues met for two days in Washington, D.C.
Among the issues on the agenda of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission were:
- payments for hospital inpatient and outpatient services, ambulatory surgery centers, dialysis facilities, and hospice care
- payments for post-acute-care providers
- a unified payment system for post-acute-care services
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Part B and Part D payments
- Medicare-covered primary care services
- implementation of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015
Go here for links to the issue briefs and presentations used at the MedPAC meeting and for a transcript of the meeting.